Sometimes you need a break from your everyday life. You need to always take care of your health on a daily basis which you often fail to do due to your busy schedule. Visiting a spa is considered as a luxurious extravagance and a place which proves to be beneficial for your health and makes you look good. A spa is a place where the expert professional services help you to enhance your overall well-being and renew your body, mind, and soul.
What is a spa?
A spa is a place which provides you with some me time which is much needed in these days. It is a place where you can relax, reflect, recharge, detox and beautify. Spas are intrinsically connected with the touch therapies. It aims to give you a health promoting experience. Now the question arises that what happens in a spa? When talking about spas or spa treatment, the first thing that strikes to your mind are the facials and massages. But there are a variety of treatments that a spa provides with. For example, starting from the skin treatments, pedicures, and manicures to hair removal services, it also includes medical treatment packages with an appointment of a personal doctor.
Spa treatments and their types:
As discussed earlier, there are different types of spa treatment available and some of them are explained below:
· Skin treatment for the entire body: Just as your facial skin requires moisturizing and exfoliation on a regular basis, so does the other parts of the body. Body polishes, aqua therapy, Vichy showers and body wrap are some of the body spa treatments. Aqua jet tubs with moisturizers, aromatherapy oils and exfoliate are used during the aqua therapy session. You let your body soak in the jet tubs and this helps to hydrate the skin and improve the blood circulation.
· Treating the nails: Both pedicures and manicures helps in getting your nails polished and shaped properly. Special hot-stone treatments and paraffin treatments are given which takes care of your hands and feet.
· Waxing: Spas offer you with the advanced hair-removal techniques. Besides waxing, threading is also a convenient way to remove facial hair.
· Medical treatment: Many spas offer you with the medical treatment packages which mostly includes face-lifting using computer aided cosmetology instrument, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal and much more. The electronic devices used help in fighting with fine lines and wrinkles, treating baggy eyes, plumping the lips and lifting the sagging skin.
What are the benefits you get when you go to a spa?
Pampering yourself is very crucial. Taking a break from the daily hustle bustle is necessary because your body requires some luxurious time. There are several benefits you get when you visit the spa every month. Some of them are listed below:
· When you opt for the body contouring services at a spa, you can easily keep your body in shape and look beautiful by losing few extra pounds.
· Chronic diseases such as arthritis, muscle spasms can be very painful. Visiting the spa every month indulges you in massage therapy which further helps you in pain management in these chronic conditions.
· Spas turn out to be the best place for fitness freaks and professional athletes. The trained therapists through their deep tissue massages give them a great relief from all those cramps thereby easing the muscle tensions.
· Blood circulation is improved through body massage. Thus all the tissues and cells inside your body get the correct amount of oxygen and nutrients.
· Your body easily gets rid of all the toxins as massage therapies stimulate the lymphatic system.
· Does your hair look dull or do you suffer from intense hair fall? Hair spa is important as it aims at providing the required amount of nourishment to the roots as well as to the body strands of your hair. Regular hair spa can solve many of your problems such as split ends, dullness, dandruff, etc.
· In order to re-mineralise your body, body wraps are essential. It helps to relax and rejuvenate your skin by providing the correct amount of moisture your skin requires.
When you go to a spa every month, you feel confident and look youthful. Spas provide you with massage sessions where you can take a break from your friends and family to de-stress. The beauty care brand products of a spa give you personalized facial therapy and skin care.
Editor: Mousumi Gharami