Let us learn a little about Thorntons first.
"It's the Thorntons that counts".
At the young age of 15, Joseph William Thornton set up his first shop along with Norman Thornton and started as its manager way back in 1911. The company dealt in confectionery products and chocolates under the name ‘Thornton’, his last name of course! It was located in Sheffield, the beautiful city nestled in England’s South Yorkshire.
The British chocolate brand, Thorntons Ltd. was taken over by Ferrero SpA, the Italian chocolates and confectionery products’ company in 2015 for £112m. Its headquarters lie in England’s Alfreton town.
The company specializes in Belgium and Swiss chocolates and different kinds of fudges and toffees that you’re sure to fall in love with within seconds! Thorntons is also listed on the London Stock Exchange, and one of its famous advertising slogans reads, "Chocolate Heaven Since 1911".
It has over 3130 employees across 228 locations. You can grab their products from the stores (some of them have diversified and turned into cafés), or from their official Thorntons website.
Thorntons official website has only made it easier to gobble down these yummylicious chocolates, fudges and more, sitting right within the comforts of your home, also making it easier to send super hampers/gifts to your loved ones. You can also shop for personalized gifts on the site.
Not only does Thorntons deliver swiftly, but the way they package the items you order is also so professional and nicely done in right big boxes! The website offers a host of deals and discounts, and they have a sound refund/replacement policy as well. Payments can be easily made online with the help of debit/credit cards or cheques.
- Creative gifts like the ‘Personalised Classic Collection’: This box containing the 12 Classic Collection milk, dark and white chocolates, becomes even more special as it has the option of sending out a personalized message for your loved one. It consists of 44 chocolates (467gms) with flavours like Strawberry Dream, Crunchy Praline Baton, and Tempting Toffee. A heavenly gift for the serious chocolate lovers!
- Gift hampers like the ‘Red Wine and Chocolate Hamper’: Ah, you need to be at least 18 years of age to purchase this one. The gift hampers consist of two bags of Diplomat chocolates (100g), and a bottle of red wine (75cl, Alcohol 13% Vol.). For all the wine lovers out there, this is one hamper you deserve!
- The Fudges: Thorntons specializes in its sweet, chunky and creamy fudges. You can choose between Vanilla Fudge, Chocolate Smothered Fudge or Orange and Passionfruit Fudge. These are available both in bags and boxes.
- Milk chocolates: These are known to be the firm’s favourite! Made with the finest coffee beans, these milk chocolates are a class apart from the rest. You can pick between various options, like you can buy a bag of Milk Chunky Caramels, Rum Truffles, Butterscotch and Whisky Flavoured Truffles, or a Milk Chocolate Monkey Business Model, or any other milk chocolate of your choice.
- Dark Chocolates: If you like your chocolate dark, Thorntons has got you covered. Their dark chocolates are made with the excellent quality coffee beans that have a deep flavour, and they melt in your mouth! Choose amidst options like the Bag of Almond Marzipan Chocolates, Dark Continental Collection, Mint Collection Chocolate Box, 70% Dark Chilli or Dark Ginger Chocolate Block, or others.
- White Chocolates: Thorntons also offers white chocolates that are fabulously creamy, smooth and just lip-smacking! You can buy their White Chocolate Smiles Bag, Eton Mess Chocolate Block, Cappuccino Chocolate Bar, White Chocolate Smiles Bag, White Chocolate Easter Egg, or White Chocolate Smiles Lolly.
- 3 For £10 Chocolate Gifts: Choose any three from Summer Drinks Collection, Sweet Shop Collection, Dreamy Desserts, Butterscotch and Whisky Flavoured Truffles Milk Chocolate Monkey Business Model, and Milk Chocolate Bear Necessities Model only for £10! Use the voucher code ‘FREESUM10’ to receive a free Orange and Passionfruit fudge bag when you purchase products for £10 or more.
- 2 for £10 Mix & Match: Pick any two from the chocolates gift section comprising Summer Selection Box, Dark Classic Collection, Assorted Special Toffee Box, Brazil Nut Special Toffee Box, Chocolate Smothered Fudge Box, Nut and Praline Collection, Turkish Delight Chocolate Box, Coffee Creams Chocolate Box, Milk Classic Collection, Milk Chocolate Brazils Box, and Milk Chocolate Celebration Model for only £10.
- Shop for £30 or more to get free standard delivery.
- Order chocolates before 4 pm and receive it the following day with the ‘next day delivery’ option.
Follow Thorntons on social media for all the news and updates!
What people say about Thorntons
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.